VS-2 Free weirdness

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VS-2 Free weirdness  (Read 3925 times)

wt-newell

VS-2 Free weirdness
« on: May 14, 2020, 02:11:54 PM »

I noticed my VS2 free server wasn't replying to pings and my ssh connections had disconnected. Day or so later I logged into the serverdata section to see what was up--all green. Huh, that's weird. The control panel or host didn't realize the guest VPS was offline/down. Traffic graphs in the control panel are also flat for the last day or so.

Went ahead and hit the reboot page and now the server is back online and normal again. Looking through the logs on the guest VPS, last entry is about May 13 16:04 UTC, which matches the smokeping data (image attached). Nothing in the logs to indicate a crash or violent shutdown--it's like the guest just suspended. (Sorry, I didn't think to run an mtr trace before I rebooted.)

Anyway, I'm thankful for the free VPS, no complaints there!

server name: srv6222.blue.kundencontroller.de
IP: 2a02:0180:0006:0001:0000:0000:0000:07af

Forum-Support2

• Administrator
Re: VS-2 Free weirdness
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 04:21:42 PM »

Hello,

if there is an active suspension of the service, we will notice the customer for his contract i.e. in case of Abuse, Renewals or similar.

If your server is a VS2free there are some nodes with heavy load during this hard times i.e. for video conferencing or such stuff. May there was an overload that killed some task. I dont know it but I am sorry about that. We already working to improve the service day by day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 20 queries.