CBCI closed Betatest feedback

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CBCI closed Betatest feedback  (Read 3905 times)

wt-newell

CBCI closed Betatest feedback
« on: April 01, 2020, 05:16:40 PM »

Wasn't sure if this was the correct forum, so let me know (or move this topic) if it's not. Or should beta feedback go into the German forum, even if it's in English?

I've noticed a few issues during the beta test (and with the vServer VS2-free v2.1):

1. First off, thanks! A free betatest or free VPS is appreciated. It's a generous offer and I have enjoyed playing with it.

2. No timezone information present in control panel. For example, if you go to the webreboot page and schedule a reboot, the date/time is shown, but no timezone. This is a bit confusing for international customers. (I usually assume UTC if no timezone is noted, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.)

3. The control panel gives no indication (at least that I can tell) if the VM host is up and running. Several times I've tried to reboot or power cycle an unresponsive VPS and it's obviously not working. The control panel will show a scheduled reboot or power cycle, but the VPS will remain offline (not responding to pings/ssh/http) and the serverdata tab will not show any change in server status. (Usually it shows a green dot for server power on.)

4. Serverdata panel Installation-Status is showing an hourglass for 2a02:0180:0006:0001:0000:0000:0000:04a8, but I don't know why. The VPS is running normally, but the hourglass makes me think an installation is pending.

5. From time to time I've received a kernel error about "no free file handles". I've rebooted and received it too, so I suspect this is a configuration problem with the host OS. Haven't seen this in the last couple of weeks or so, so maybe it's been fixed already.

6. The default MOTD at login (I'm running debian) for the beta test is a little misleading: "If you have questions about your server, you can use our 24-hour Trouble-Ticket-System", but I thought all feedback was to go to the forums.

7. I run munin to monitor my VPS, and by default I was seeing >100 loopback mounts in the diskstats graphs. I'm no expert, but it certainly seemed like I was seeing the disk activity statistics (but not disk contents!) for every guest VPS on the box, which seems like a potential security problem.

8. Related to #7, some of the process monitoring commands, such as "w", seem to show the state of all guests, hosts, or something other than my guest VPS. "load average: 9.74, 10.40, 8.70" is not even close to correct!

I'm sorry if this sounds really negative, that's not my intention at all. (Please refer back to comment #1!)

thanks!

Forum-Support2

• Administrator
Re: CBCI closed Betatest feedback
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 05:45:36 PM »

Hello,

thank you a lot of your feedback. A lot of stuff to do, but we will try to fix that asap. I have already open tasks in our bugtracker.

4. Serverdata panel Installation-Status is showing an hourglass for 2a02:0180:0006:0001:0000:0000:0000:04a8, but I don't know why. The VPS is running normally, but the hourglass makes me think an installation is pending.

Yes, this indicates that an installation is pending or not finished yet. If this status is display 24hrs after an installation, please start the installation again. If that does not go away, there is an issue we have to bugfix. Post here again.

Again, thank you a lot of your feedback!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 05:47:40 PM by Forum-Support2 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 23 queries.